During all decades, the Müller-Family had cultivated the thought to establish a museum displaying the rarities of collected machines. 1996 the decision was made the “Expo. 01” was to be realized in the “Drei-Seen-Region” (district of the three lakes). So, the impluse was given to found the museum “centre Müller”. The ideal location was discovered in a foundry built in 1901.
The foundry was already bought by the firm Müller Machines in 1942.
At the time, the building was used for the revision of machines, as a workshop or painting Atelier as also for depository.